Online classes extended through spring and summer semesters
In accordance with Governor Greg Abbott’s recent announcement extending social distancing measures and Texas school closures, College of the Mainland will continue providing online instruction to students through the end of the Spring 2020 semester. Additionally, COM will be moving all instruction possible to an online format for the Summer 2020 semesters and expects to resume face-to-face classroom instruction in the fall.
As a reminder, College of the Mainland services remain operational as employees continue to work remotely while campuses are closed. Employees will continue working remotely through April 30. Faculty and staff are available through email and phone. While campuses are closed, students are also highly encouraged to access the following helpful digital resources:
- Summer and Fall Online Registration - Summer and Fall registration begins on April 14. Students who have questions regarding registration, can contact their academic advisor for assistance. For a full list of all advisors or instructions on registering online, visit www.com.edu/student-services/academic-advising.
- New Student Enrollment - New students can find the steps to enrollment online at www.com.edu/admissions/apply.
Online Tutoring Services
- COM Tutors – https://com.mywconline.com/
- Additional Online Tutors: http://edtech.com.edu/nettutor/
- Student Services Coronavirus FAQs - www.com.edu/coronavirus/faq-coronavirus/student-services-coronavirus-faqs
- Instruction Coronavirus FAQs - www.com.edu/coronavirus/faq-coronavirus/instruction-coronavirus-faqs
Employees and students should continue to monitor COM emails, text alerts, social media and our website for the most up to date information. For the latest updates and information, visit www.com.edu/coronavirus.