Frequently Asked Questions
FAQ's in Admissions and Records
- What is the difference between applying and registering?
- Applying is the process of completing an application to the college at www.com.edu/admissions/apply, which includes submitting all required documentation (proof of meningitis vaccination if you are under 22 and proof of Texas residency). Registering means signing up for the classes you choose.
- How do I begin my education at COM?
Learn more at www.com.edu/admissions/apply.
- Where do I take my transcripts?
You have options:
- Bring an official transcript in an unopened, sealed envelope to the Office of Admissions and Records in the Enrollment Center.
- Request that your previous school mail an official transcript to College of the Mainland, Attn.: Admissions, 1200 Amburn Rd., Texas City, TX 77591.
- Send transcripts electronically directly to the Office of Admissions and Records via EDI (SPEEDE). Call 409-933-8264 for more information.
- I sent in my application. When will I receive a response?
An email will be sent to you once your application has been received.
- I received an email that said my application was received. What do I do next?
To check the status of your application, log in to WebAdvisor.
- Do I need the meningitis vaccine?
- All new COM students age 22 and under must submit evidence of being immunized against meningococcal meningitis. Learn more at www.com.edu/admissions/meningitis-vaccinations.
- How do I check the status of my application?
- To check the status of your application, log in to WebAdvisor.
- How long does the application process take?
- Please allow three to five working days for your application to be processed.
- How will I know whether I have been accepted?
COM is an open-admission institution, which means that all students who submit all required documentation to the Office of Admissions and Records are admitted.
- Do I need to take placement testing?
Please refer to www.com.edu/testing-center/tsi-assessment.
- How early do I need to apply?
- To view application deadlines for 8-week, 12-week and 16-week classes, view the Academic Calendar.
- How do I register for a continuing education class?
- You can register in person at the Continuing Education Office or online through Lumens. If you are paying via credit card you may register in the Continuing Education Office in the Technical-Vocational Building, Room 1475 or call the Continuing Education Office at 409-933-8586.
- How do I register for a credit class?
- Once you have completed the application process, log in to WebAdvisor, and click on “Student Planning.”
- How do I apply for financial aid?
- Learn more at www.com.edu/financial-aid. For assistance, call the Financial Aid Office at 409-933-8274.
- When is late registration?
College of the Mainland does not have late registration. To view registration deadlines for eight-week, 12-week and 16-week classes, view the Academic Calendar.
- When do I need to register?
- Check the Academic Calendar for registration deadlines for eight-week, 12-week and 16-week classes online.