Measuring Achievement and Providing Options
Results from tests are used:
- to determine eligibility for certain College programs,
- for some certifications,
- for course placement and
- to meet requirements mandated by the state legislature.
* All exams must be completed by the end of testing hours.
College of the Mainland Testing Services assists students by assessing academic achievement and providing various testing alternatives. It is our goal to provide an ideal testing environment and maintain the integrity of all exams provided.
Testing Center Policies
- A valid photo ID is required for all testing. ID requirements vary by exam.
- All electronic devices – cell phones, watches, tablets, fitness trackers etc. – are not allowed in the testing room.
- No hats, scarves, hoods, or other head coverings of any kind are allowed inside the testing room except for religious or medical reasons.
- Use of study aids accessed through the Internet, including Web calculators, dictionary translators and desktop accessories, is prohibited, unless approved by the testing company.
- Only testing candidates and staff are permitted in the testing room. Children and guests are not permitted, and COM is not responsible for their supervision.
- Food and beverages are not allowed in the testing rooms.
- Video monitoring, and testing staff walkthroughs are continuous in the Testing room.
- Talking to other candidates or referring to their screens or testing material is not allowed.
- Scratch paper must be turned in to staff for disposal.
- Department/make-up exams are not allowed breaks. If you leave the room, you must turn in your exam. Only items designated by the instructor will be permitted.
- COM is not responsible for items left or stored in the lockers.
- All exams must stop at the close of business day.
- Due to FERPA regulations, scores and candidate information is confidential, and will not be released to any one other than the testing candidate.
- No weapons of any kind are allowed in the Testing areas, unless by a Peace Officer or Security Personnel.
- Unbecoming conduct including exhibiting abusive, threating or aggressive behavior toward Testing Services staff and/or examinees will result in dismissal from the Testing Center, by campus police escort if necessary.
- Failure to abide by these rules may result in invalidation of test score and/or exam.