As the deadline to pay for fall classes at College of the Mainland approaches on Aug. 16, plan now how to fund your classes.

Apply for State and Federal Financial Aid

Many forms of government financial aid, such as Pell grants, give students money for college that they do not have to repay. The application is now online, and it’s the first step to receiving state and federal financial aid. Fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at There is no maximum income or age to be awarded aid.

Students can apply for the FAFSA each year.

Apply as soon as possible or call 409-933-8533 for assistance.

Sign Up for the COM Payment Plan

Pay for your classes in installments with the COM payment plan. Learn more at

Apply for the COM Work-Study Program

Students who fill out the FAFSA can find out if they qualify for the COM Work-Study Program. Students can work on or off campus, earn a paycheck and gain valuable professional experience.

To apply, go to the Financial Aid Office to complete a Work-Study Application, visit or call 409-933-8533.

Apply for an H1-B Grant

Unemployed and under-employed individuals may apply for the COM H1-B grant if they major in mechanical maintenance technician, CNC machinist, drafting, welding, electrical, instrumentation or pipefitting.

Learn more at or call 409-933-8643.

Fill Out a COM Foundation Scholarship Application

COM Foundation offers more than 110 scholarships, which are funds for school that you don’t have to pay back. Spring 2017 scholarships are open until Nov. 24. View scholarship deadlines at

For more information on financial aid, contact Lisa Gulesserian at or 409-933-8533.

Fall class registration is ongoing. To apply to the college, visit or call 409-933-8663.