The HESI A2 assessment is required for application to the Registered Nursing (ADN), Vocational Nursing (VN), and Radiography programs at College of the Mainland (COM).
- The HESI A2 assessment is available to COM Nursing and Radiography applicants, as well as students applying to programs at other institutions.
- The cost to test at COM Testing Center is $77.00. This is a flat rate regardless of how many sections of the assessment you complete.
- Valid Photo ID Required
HESI A2 Information
The HESI A2 has a time limit of 4 hours & consist of 9 sections. The student is responsible for knowing which section(s) are needed for the program she is applying to.
- COM Registered Nursing program (ADN) & Radiography program require: Reading Comprehension, Grammar, Math, Vocabulary, and Anatomy & Physiology.
- COM Vocational Nursing program (VN) require: Reading Comprehension, Grammar, Math, & Vocabulary.
- Candidates are allowed two attempts every quarter, see chart below for time frames.
|1st Quarter||2nd Quarter||3rd Quarter||4th Quarter|
Steps to register to take the HESI A2 assessment in the COM Testing Center
- Create a Evolve account. You will need this username and password to log-in to the assessment.
- Schedule your on-campus appointment. All candidates must show a valid photo ID to take the HESI A2 assessment in the COM Testing Center.
HESI A2 Transcript Information
- The COM Testing Center can only send HESI A2 transcripts to COM programs.
- Submit a HESI A2 Transcript Request Form if you want the COM Testing Center to send a copy of your HESI A2 scores to a COM program.
- You must have completed your HESI A2 assessment before you submit the above transcript request form.
- You may request to submit up to 3 transcripts per application period.
- HESI A2 transcripts for another institution must be submitted through Evolve (Elsevier).
For more information, visit the Nursing Department’s frequently asked questions.