The College Connections Advisors invite you to explore the possibilities at College of the Mainland.
Whether you are a recent high school graduate, new to college, transfer student, or someone who is seeking technical training, College of the Mainland has a degree or certificate that is just right for you.
Don’t know where to begin? Let our friendly and eager College Connections Advisors answer your questions and help you get started.
Join us! Affordable, convenient, and flexible classes allow you to succeed. Let us help you get your “ducks in a row” at College of the Mainland!
High School to College Transition
College of the Mainland is committed to eliminating barriers to college access. To assist high school students with a successful transition from high school to college, COM has united with local area high schools to implement the nationally recognized College Connections Program.
College of the Mainland has partnered with Texas City, La Marque, Hitchcock, Santa Fe and Dickinson Independent School Districts plus Clear Creek High School, Clear Springs High School, Clear Falls High School, and Friendswood High School to ensure that students experience a seamless transition to higher education.
At each participating high school, the College Connections Advisors present students and parents with higher education options and help them navigate the application and financial aid processes.
College Connections advisors help students with:
- Dual Credit: Advisors assist students with dual credit enrollment, testing and registration.
- Application: Advisors help students with college admission applications and forms.
- Advisement: Advisors engage with students about degree plans, course work, time management, and career planning.
- Assessment: Advisors provide testing at no cost to all students.
- Financial Aid: Advisors provide help with financial aid applications for grants, scholarships, and loans.
- Registration: Advisors facilitate registration for students who choose to attend COM.
Tutorials for Apply Texas and FAFSA
- 2020-2021 FAFSA Step by Step Guideline (7.6 MB)
- Apply Texas Application (1.9 MB)