Transcript Evaluation and Awarding Prior Credit
College of the Mainland’s policy to grant undergraduate course credit to entering freshmen students who have successfully completed the International Baccalaureate Diploma Program, who have achieved required scores on one or more examinations in the Advanced Placement Program or the College Level Examination Program, or who have successfully completed one or more courses offered through concurrent enrollment in high school and at an institution of higher education with the application materials, under Education Code 51.968. [See EGA]
Transcript evaluations must be requested by submitting a transcript evaluation form to the Office of Admissions and Records.
College transcript evaluations are completed within three to six months after a transcript evaluation form has been submitted to the Office of Admissions and Records. To check the status of an evaluation, run a program evaluation in WebAdvisor.
Awarding College Level Examination Program (CLEP) and Advance Placement Credit (AP)
- The student must be enrolled in a COM certificate or degree program in the current semester.
- The student must provide official documentation (transcripts, license/certification, etc.) supporting the request for credit.
- The student must satisfactorily complete six (6) non-developmental credit hours at COM prior to PLA credit being added to transcript.
- No more than 24 credit hours may be earned through PLA applicable to a degree at COM;
- Check with your Academic Advisor to have your CLEP or AP credits applied to you COM Academic Record.
|Course||CLEP Test||Credit Award||Passing Score|
|ACCT 2301||Principles of Accounting||3.00||50|
|BUSI 2301||Introductory Business Law||3.00||50|
|COSC 1301||Information Systems and Computer Applications||3.00||50|
|ECON 2301||Principles of Macroeconomics||3.00||50|
|ECON 2302||Principles of Microeconomics||3.00||50|
|ENGL 1301||College Composition||3.00||50|
|GOVT 2305||Federal Government||3.00||50|
|HIST 1301||History of the US I||3.00||50|
|HIST 1302||History of the US II||3.00||50|
|BMGT 1327||Principals of Management||3.00||50|
|MRKG 1311||Principals of Marketing||3.00||50|
|MATH 1314||College Algebra||3.00||50|
|MATH 2413||Calculus I||3.00||50|
|PSYC 2301||Intro to Psychology||3.00||50|
|SOCI 1301||Intro to Sociology||3.00||50|
|Course||AP Test||Credit Award||Passing Score|
|ARTS 1301||Art History||3.00||3|
|ECON 2301/2302||Economics||3.00 or 6.00||3|
|ENGL 1301/1302||English||3.00 or 6.00||3|
|HIST 1301||US History||3.00||3|
|MATH 2413/2414||Calculus AB/BC||4.00 or 8.00||3|