Free Walk-In Tutorials, Computer Access for Online Homework, and Other Resources, for COM Math Students
Online math tutoring available 24–7 through NetTutor http://edtech.com.edu/nettutor
Math Tutor Services
Math Tutors Will...
- Provide feedback on homework, study habits and the learning process
- Make suggestions on note-taking strategies and organization skills
- Help you focus your energy on the task at hand
- Ask you questions to help you pull information together
- Discuss the concepts needed to complete an assignment
- Help you prepare for quizzes and tests
- Work through incorrect and/or old quiz/test questions
- Refer you to other available resources
Math Tutors Will Not...
- Do your homework for you
- Teach you the material
- Assist students while they are taking quizzes or tests.
Math Student Success Tips
- Schedule your study time and be diligent in sticking with it. It is recommended that you allocate two hours outside of class for each hour in class.
- Find a study partner. Studying with another person can help keep you motivated and on task.
- Be an active learner.
- Attend all your classes and be on time.
- Listen carefully, take good notes and participate in class.
- Review your class notes regularly and read the textbook.
- Do all the assignments.
- Study for all the exams using the reviews provided. Rework homework problems.
- Seek help when something is unclear, don’t put it off.
- Have a positive attitude. You can learn math!
- Use resources that are available.
Link to pre-algebra and algebra review modules
- brazosport.edu/students/for-students/student-success-center/math-center/algebra-modules/ courtesy of Brazosport College