Thoroughly Modern Millie
July 11 – July 28, 2019
Music by Jeanine Tesori / Lyrics by Dick Scanlan / Book by Richard Henry Morris & Dick Scanlan
It’s 1922, and small-town girl Millie Dillmount has just arrived in New York City, ready to make her dreams come true. Millie’s plan is simple: find a job as a secretary for an eligible bachelor, and then marry him. It doesn’t take long, however, for Millie’s “thoroughly modern” plan to go awry. Her conniving landlady plots to kidnap Millie’s best friend and sell her into slavery in Hong Kong, her wealthy boss seems entirely uninterested in her flirtations, and -- worst of all -- the man with whom she falls head over heels in love doesn’t have a penny to his name. Winner of the 2002 Tony Award for Best Musical, Thoroughly Modern Millie is a hilarious, high-spirited musical romp through the roaring ‘20s!
The COM Community Theatre announces the upcoming 2018-2019 season:
- "Driving Miss Daisy" by Alfred Uhry
- "Noises Off" by Michael Frayn
- "You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown" based on the Comic Strip "PEANUTS" by Charles M. Schultz
- "Born Yesterday" by Garson Kanin
- "The Glass Menagerie" by Tennessee Williams
- "Thouroughly Modern Millie" Music by Jeanine Tesori / Lyrics by Dick Scanlan / Book by Richard Henry Morris & Dick Scanlan
2018-2019 Season Brochure
The COM Community Theatre announces the upcoming 2019-2020 season:
- "Moonlight and Magnolias" by Ron Hutchinson
- "Peter and the Starcatcher" Book by Rick Elice / Music by Wayne Barker
- "The Tin Woman" by Sean Grennan
- "The Voice of the Prairie" by John Olive
- "God of Carnage" by Yasmina Reza
- "Little Shop of Horrors" Book and Lyrics by Howard Ashman / Music by Alan Menken
2019-2020 Season Brochure
Theatre Box Office
Call the Box Office at 409-933-8345 or 1-888-258-8859, ext. 8345.
Since 1972, COM Community Theatre has presented over 228 productions including children's theatre, concerts and workshops with attendance of more than a quarter of a million people. The theatre has been recognized as one of America's leading community theatres, setting high production standards and developing one of this country's most innovative programs.
Beyond education, the College of the Mainland Theatre bears a three-fold commitment: to provide quality theatrical experiences for residents of the area, to offer a forum for local and regional talent by holding open auditions and to extend the reputation of College of the Mainland.