Pump Boys and Dinettes
Jan. 28 – Feb. 14, 2021
Book, Lyrics, and Music by John Foley, Mark Hardwick, Debra Monk, Cass Morgan, John Schimmel, and Jim Wann
The 'Pump Boys' sell high octane fuel in Grand Ole Opry country and the 'Dinettes', Prudie, Rhetta, and Dixie Cupp, run the Triple Cupp diner next door. With a crowd pleasing mix of hilarity and heartbreak, these blue-collar folk fashion an evening of country western / rock songs that received unanimous raves on and off-Broadway. Knee-slapping and toe-tapping good times are guaranteed in this down-home look at life along Highway 57!
The COM Theatre announces the upcoming 2019-2020 season:
- "The Voice of the Prairie" by John Olive (Online Streaming Only)
- "Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead" by Tom Stoppard
- "Pump Boys and Dinettes" Book, Lyrics, and Music by John Foley, Mark Hardwick, Debra Monk, Cass Morgan, John Schimmel, and Jim Wann
- "Taking Leave" by Nagle Jackson
- "Master Harold and the Boys" by Athol Fugard
- "Urinetown" Music by Mark Hollmann, Lyrics by Mark Hollmann and Greg Kotis, Book by Greg Kotis
Theatre Box Office
Call the Box Office at 409-933-8345 or 1-888-258-8859, ext. 8345.
Since 1972, COM Community Theatre has presented over 228 productions including children's theatre, concerts and workshops with attendance of more than a quarter of a million people. The theatre has been recognized as one of America's leading community theatres, setting high production standards and developing one of this country's most innovative programs.
Beyond education, the College of the Mainland Theatre bears a three-fold commitment: to provide quality theatrical experiences for residents of the area, to offer a forum for local and regional talent by holding open auditions and to extend the reputation of College of the Mainland.