Constituent Groups on Campus
The purpose of the Council shall be to support the College of the Mainland Mission and Vision Statements and to present to the administration the views and recommendations of the College Classified staff on such matters as Classified staff qualifications, professional development, salaries, institutional goals, and future policies.
The Council shall consist of all benefits-eligible classified staff, as specified in College policy DD(LOCAL), such as Technical, Secretarial, Service, and others assigned by the Human Resources Office, employed by the college and certified by the College Office of Human Resources.
Current Council Officers (June 2023 – May 2024)
- President – Jennifer Denison
- Vice-President – Sonia Kukuch
- Secretary – Alexandria Devasier
- Parliamentarian – Isabella Vitiello Valdez
- Communications Officer – Rhonda Shiflet
- Immediate Past President – Laura Horacefield
The College of the Mainland’s Professional Council is a constituent group of the College representing the Professional Staff. First and foremost, this Council supports the College’s mission and provides a forum for sharing innovative ideas and information to ensure the success of students, staff, and fellow members. It advocates for professional members’ welfare, disseminates accurate new/general information about the College, and acts as a forum to discuss and recommend institutional objectives, policies, and procedures.
All benefits-eligible non-faculty professional staff are members of this council. Professional staff are defined as those that are in a position classified as a professional employee by Human Resources.
Current Council Officers (August 2021 - July 2023)
- President – Alisha Lyon
- Vice-President/President-Elect – Bradley Denison
- Secretary – Lisa Renfroe
- Immediate Past President – Christina Bergvall
- July 13, 2023
- August 10, 2023
- September 14, 2023
- October 12, 2023
- November 9, 2023
- December 14, 2023
The purpose of the Faculty Senate shall be to facilitate effective communication among the faculty of College of the Mainland and between those faculty members and the administration of the College in order to achieve more efficiently the primary objective of the College: effective instruction.
The membership of the Senate will consist of a President, a President Elect, a Recorder, a Past President, three at-large members elected from the full faculty, and Senators elected to represent each department/program.
The size of the department/program will determine the number of Senators for that department:
- 1-6 full-time tenure-track department members = 1 Senator
- 7-12 full-time tenure-track department members = 2 Senators
- 13 or more full-time tenure-track department members = 3 Senators
Current Officers (2022-2023)
- President – Elaine Childs
- President Elect – Candice Edmonston
- Immediate Past President – Vacant
- Recorder – Kristina Jantz
Upcoming meetings (all in STEAM 120; all faculty are invited):
- March 2, 2023, 12:30-1:20
- April 6, 2023, 12:30-1:20
- May 4, 2023, 12:30-1:20