Get to Work as a Nurse, faster! Learn the Skills to Begin a Career as a Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) in as few as 12 Months.
In just one year, you can learn how to combine your compassion as a helper and a healer with the latest in healthcare science and technology. Take these skills with you to make a life-changing difference for patients in need.
Nursing is projected to be one of the fastest-growing career fields in the next 10 years. Licensed vocational nurses are vital members of today's growing healthcare teams. LVNs work directly with registered nurses and/or licensed physician or dentists. Our program provides lower tuition costs and smaller class sizes than most schools. Our small classes are designed to provide you with excellent hands-on training and personal instruction. If you want a career where you can make a real difference in people's lives, begin your training in the Vocational Nursing program at College of the Mainland today!
Next Start Date
Every Spring Semester
View in course catalog
Occupational summary for Vocational Nurses
641,240 Annual Job Openings
6% Projected Growth
$51,580 yr Median Salary
Additional Program Info
- January 23, 2024, 5p.m. - 6:30p.m. –STEAM Building, Room 120
- February 20, 2024, 5p.m. - 6:30p.m. –STEAM Building, Room 120
- March 19, 2024, 5p.m. - 6:30p.m. –STEAM Building, Room 120
- April 23, 2024, 5p.m. - 6:30p.m. –STEAM Building, Room 120
- May 21, 2024, 5p.m. - 6:30p.m. –STEAM Building, Room 120
- June 18, 2024, 5p.m. - 6:30p.m. –STEAM Building, Room 120
- July 23, 2024, 5p.m. - 6:30p.m. –STEAM Building, Room 120
Application Due Dates:
- For Spring semester admission – 1st Friday in October of each year at 5:00p.m.
- BIOL 2401 Anatomy & Physiology I
- final grade of “C” or higher (minimum GPA 2.0) required
- TSI College Ready
- HESI A2 (no older than 3 years) – 75% or greater scores in Math, Reading, Grammar, and Basic Vocabulary. All programs will require the additional followiong HESI sections: Learning Style, Personality Profile, and Critical Thinking.
The Vocational Nursing Program at College of the Mainland is approved by the Texas Board of Nursing biennially. The award period is from June 1, 2022 – May 31, 2024.
|College of the Mainland VN Candidates||100%||76.92%*||100%||87.50%||92%|
|Texas Average for VN Candidates||87.38%||84.49%||88.53%||89.05%||89.30%|
|National Average for VN Candidates||79.93%||79.60%||83.09%||85.63%||85.93%|
* Reflects impact of Covid Pandemic Quarantine and rapid switch to online learning.
** Not released as of 2/28/2023