Basic Peace Officer Academy (Police Academy)
Feel a calling to help those in your community?
The Peace Officer Academy is designed to provide graduates with the necessary basic training to obtain a position as an entry-level police officer, constable, deputy sheriff or any other licensed peace officer position within the state of Texas.
All courses must be taken together and successfully passed for the graduate to test for state licensure.
The Basic Peace Officer Academy at College of the Mainland is accredited by Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE).
Next Start Date
Jan. 4, 2022
Face to Face
View in course catalog
Occupational summary for Police Officers
4,060 Annual Job Openings
5% Projected Growth
$67,290 yr Median Salary / $32.35 hr
Your Journey Begins Here
Additional Program Info
- High school diploma or High School Equivalency (HSE)
- Physical Examination
- Approved Background Check
- Negative Drug Screen
- Psychological Evaluation
- Required Immunization Records
- U.S. Citizen born or naturalized
- Never had a felony or Class A misdemeanor convictions
- No class B misdemeanors in the last 10 years
- Apply to COM and submit the necessary documents (transcripts, meningitis vaccination if under 22 and proof of Texas residency).
- Complete the Police Academy Application
- Make appointment for fingerprinting at www.identogo.com or call 1-800-467-2080
- Complete Physical Examination by a licensed physician/ health care provider
- Complete Psychological Evaluation