Gulf Coast Safety Institute
Gulf Coast Safety Institute
The Gulf Coast Safety Institute was established in 2007 to provide safety and health training and education to workers and employers. Additionally, the Gulf Coast Safety Institute is an OSHA Challenge Program Administrator mentoring over 50 companies in improving their Safety and Health Management System to potentially achieve OSHA’s Voluntary Protection Program STAR status.
The Gulf Coast Safety Institute currently operates three Centers of Excellence:
Upcoming Classes and Events?
- 11/28/17 - 11/30/17, Permit Required Confined Space, Presented by University of Texas at Arlington. This course covers the dafety and health hazards associated with permit-required confined space entry... (more)
- OSHA 10 /30 Hour OSHA Outreach Training through fall 2017. Presented by Gulf Coast Safety Institute. The Gulf Coast Safety Institute (GCSI) offers courses for both general industry and construction workers. All courses listed are taught by OSHA authorized outreach instructors. Training is intended to provide ...(more)
- 12/5/17 - 12/8/17, Introduction to Environment Compliance, Presented by University of Texas at Arlington. This course is designed to give environmental, health, and safety professionals the tools they need to ensure their workplace is in compliance with environmental regulations and reduce environmental risks. The course will cover the basics of environmental regulations and demonstrate how to identify pertinent regulations to your operations...(more)
- 12/5/17 - 12/7/17, Fall Protection, Presented by University of Texas at Arlington. This course covers the OSHA Fall Protection Standards for construction and general industry and current fall protection methods. Course topics include principles of fall protection, components and limitations of fall arrest systems, and OSHA Standards and policies regarding fall protection...(more)
University of Texas at Arlington Course
The University of Texas at Arlington's OSHA Education Center and the expanded Environmental Training Institute deliver a wealth of training to help you manage environmental, health, and safety risks in your organization. The following classes are being hosted by the Gulf Coast Safety Institute. All students must register with University of Texas at Arlington (UTA) prior to the start of class. Any student who has not registered with UTA will not be allowed to participate. When registering please inform UTA that you heard about the class from the Gulf Coast Safety Institute.
- Permit Required Confined Space, 11/28 - 11/30/17
- Introduction to Environmental Compliance, 12/5 - 12/8/17
- Fall Protection, 12/5 - 12/7/17
- Standards for the Maritime Industry, 1/8 - 1/12/18
- Trainer Course for Construction Industry, 2/5 - 2/8/18
- Trainer course for Maritime Industry, 2/12 - 2/16/18
All classes are presented at the Gulf Coast Safety Institute at 320 Delany Road, La Marque, TX 77568. Student check-in will begin 30 minutes before class.
For registration, questions and information:
University of Texas at Arlington
Toll free: 1-866-906-9190
Monday - Thursday: 8 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.