Gulf Coast Safety Institute
Gulf Coast Safety Institute
The Gulf Coast Safety Institute was established in 2007 to provide safety and health training and education to workers and employers. Additionally, the Gulf Coast Safety Institute is an OSHA Challenge Program Administrator mentoring over 50 companies in improving their Safety and Health Management System to potentially achieve OSHA’s Voluntary Protection Program STAR status.
The Gulf Coast Safety Institute currently operates three Centers of Excellence:
Upcoming Classes and Events through April 2018
- OSHA 10 & 30 Hour OSHA Outreach Training*. Presented by Gulf Coast Safety Institute. The Gulf Coast Safety Institute (GCSI) offers courses for both general industry and construction workers. All courses listed are taught by OSHA authorized outreach instructors. Training is intended to provide... (more).
- 3/2/18 and again on 3/22/18, Heartsaver CPR/AED. Presented by College of the Mainland. Heartsaver® CPR/AED teaches students critical skills needed to respond to choking or sudden cardiac arrest emergency in the first few minutes until emergency medical services arrives. This course also teaches adult CPR and AED use. There is no cost to attend this course. Course materials will be provided to all students. Upon completion of this course, students will receive an American Heart Association Heartsaver course completion card that is valid for 2 years. For more information, call 409.933.8162.
- 3/20/18 - 3/23/18, OSHA 5402 - Update Course for the Maritime Industry. Presented by the University of Texas at Arlington. This course is the update required every four years for all OSHA Authorized Outreach Trainers for the Maritime Industry. It provides timely information on... (more).
- 3/23/18, Fall Protection Plan Workshop, University of Houston Clear Lake (UHCL) is providing FREE fall protection plan workshops and related training for small-businesses in construction. The trainings and materials were produced under grant number SH-31228-SH7, a Susan Harwood Training Grant, from... (more).
- 3/26/18, FLG 521 & FLG 522 - Qualified Flagger. Presented by the University of Texas at Arlington. This course is designed to prepare contractor representatives to present the 4-hour Flagger Training course to employees wishing to become qualified flaggers. In addition to basic training in fundamental concepts of... (more).
- 4/3/18 and again on 4/4/18, Field Leadership for Fall Prevention in the Construction Industry. Presented by Red Rocks Community College. The course consists of a one day training program to prepare construction crew leads and supervisors to develop, teach and implement fall prevention and protection strategies ... (more).
- 4/24/18, Houston Fall Prevention Safety Day, Presented by Houston Fall Prevention Alliance. To support the OSHA’s National Safety Stand-Down to prevent falls in construction, Houston South Area Office OSHA U.S. Department of Labor, Associated Builders and Contractors of Greater Houston... (more).
*Ask us how you can take this course at no-cost!
- Fall Protection Forum, March 20! More details to come.
University of Texas at Arlington Courses May through August - Save the Dates!
The University of Texas at Arlington's OSHA Education Center and the expanded Environmental Training Institute deliver a wealth of training to help you manage environmental, health, and safety risks in your organization. The following classes are being hosted by the Gulf Coast Safety Institute. All students must register with University of Texas at Arlington (UTA) prior to the start of class. Any student who has not registered with UTA will not be allowed to participate. When registering please inform UTA that you heard about the class from the Gulf Coast Safety Institute.
- MM 720/721 - Introduction to Environmental Monitoring & Lab, 5/15/18 - 5/17/18
- SH 520 - Industrial Hygiene Techniques, 5/29/18 - 5/30/18
- OSHA 511 - OSHA Standards for General Industry, 5/29/18 - 6/1/18
- OSHA 501 - Trainer Course for OSHA Standards for General Industry, 6/12 - 6/15
All classes are presented at the Gulf Coast Safety Institute at 320 Delany Road, La Marque, TX 77568. Student check-in will begin 30 minutes before class.
For registration, questions and information:
University of Texas at Arlington (https://web-ded.uta.edu/wconnect/ace/index.asp)
Phone: 817-272-2581; Toll free: 1-866-906-9190