Gulf Coast Safety Institute
Gulf Coast Safety Institute
The Gulf Coast Safety Institute was established in 2007 to provide safety and health training and education to workers and employers. Additionally, the Gulf Coast Safety Institute is an OSHA Challenge Program Administrator mentoring over 50 companies in improving their Safety and Health Management System to potentially achieve OSHA’s Voluntary Protection Program STAR status.
Gulf Coast Safety Institute Classes and Events through December 2018
Drone Pilot Test Prep Course (2.5 days)
To fly a drone under FAA Part 107, students need to pass the drone pilot knowledge test. This test prep course will better prepare you for the exam and provide a hands-on experience. Students will be taught regulations, airspace classification and operating requirements, weather, loading and performance and operations specifics. At the end of this course, students will be better prepared to take the knowledge exam. Each session will include 2 days of classroom and 4 hours of hands-on training. Drones will be provided for the hands-on portion. Cost: $650.00
To register call 409.933.8586
- December Course Dates coming soon. Stay tuned!
- February 2 and 7, 2019, 8am - 5pm & February 8, 2019, 8am - 12pm (noon)
- May 17 and 23, 2019, 8am - 5pm & May 24, 2019 8am - 12pm (noon)
- August 23 and 29, 2019, 8am - 5pm & August 30, 2019, 8am - 12pm (noon)
Flyer Coming Soon.
University of Texas at Arlington (UTA) Courses through March 2019
The University of Texas at Arlington's OSHA Education Center and the expanded Environmental Training Institute deliver a wealth of training to help you manage environmental, health, and safety risks in your organization. The following classes are being hosted by the Gulf Coast Safety Institute. All students must register with University of Texas at Arlington (UTA) prior to the start of class. Any student who has not registered with UTA will not be allowed to participate. When registering please inform UTA that you heard about the class from the Gulf Coast Safety Institute.
- OSHA 5410 - OSHA Standards for the Maritime Industry, January 14 - January 18, 2019
- WST 405 - Aboveground/Underground Storage, January 30 - January 31, 2019
- WST 401 - Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), February 25 - February 28, 2019
- WST 410 - Managing Hazardous Waste Workshop, March 1
Course flyer coming soon!
All classes are presented at the Gulf Coast Safety Institute at 320 Delany Road, La Marque, TX 77568. Student check-in will begin 30 minutes before class.
For registration, questions and information:
University of Texas at Arlington (https://web-ded.uta.edu/wconnect/ace/index.asp)
Phone: 817-272-2581; Toll free: 1-866-906-9190