Measuring Achievement and Providing Options
Results from tests are used:
- to determine eligibility for certain College programs,
- for some certifications,
- for course placement and
- to meet requirements mandated by the state legislature.
Fall through Spring
Monday 9 a.m. – *6 p.m.
Tuesday 8:30 a.m. – *6 p.m.
Wednesday 9 a.m. – *4 p.m.
Thursday 9 a.m. – *4 p.m.
Friday 8:30 a.m. – *4 p.m.
*Admission into testing rooms ends an hour before closing.
*All testing stops at close of business.
Distance Education and Online Testing
For more information about testing options, contact the Testing Center at 409-933-8379.
Testing Center Policies
- A valid photo ID is required for all testing.
- All cell phones must be powered off and placed in a locker.
- Examinees will test only during designated Testing Center hours.
- Children and guests are not permitted in the testing room. COM is not responsible for their supervision.
- No food or beverages are allowed in the testing room.
- Only items designated by the instructor will be permitted in the room (pencils, calculator, etc.).
- No exiting during department exams. If you leave the room, you must turn in your exam.
- Students requiring special arrangements (i.e. time extensions, added materials, etc.) must have written permission from the instructor.
- Scores will be kept confidential and not released to anyone other than the examinee (unless a person has a written statement from the examinee to obtain their scores).
- Examinees taking tests on the computers are strictly prohibited from any other activity.
- No logging off or locking computers after completing tests.
- All scratch paper must be turned in to testing center staff for disposal.
- The center is equipped with camera surveillance.
- No waiting in others' testing areas.
- Any disturbances in the testing area will result in your being asked to leave.
- It is up to the student to come at a reasonable time to take a department's exam. If you do not complete by closing time, your test will be picked up and turned in as is. You may not return and finish the exam at a later time unless given permission by your instructor.