Gulf Coast Safety Institute
Gulf Coast Safety Institute
The Gulf Coast Safety Institute was established in 2007 to provide safety and health training and education to workers and employers. Additionally, the Gulf Coast Safety Institute is an OSHA Challenge Program Administrator mentoring over 50 companies in improving their Safety and Health Management System to potentially achieve OSHA’s Voluntary Protection Program STAR status.
The Gulf Coast Safety Institute currently operates three Centers of Excellence:
Upcoming Classes and Events
- 10/24/17 - 10/27/17, Trainer Course for Construction, Presented by University of Texas at Arlington. This course covers the OSHA standards for the construction industry found in the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 1926 along with other relevant policies, procedures, and safety and health principles for the construction industry... (more)
- 10/26/17, Fall Protection Forum: Anchorages-Certified, Non-Certified and Why Does it Matter? Presented by LJB Inc and Gulf Coast Safety Institute. In this session, we will focus on fall protection anchorages, including explanation of the requirements for both certified and non-certified anchorages. We will also discuss the latest... (more)
- 11/2 - 4/17, UAS Part 107 Training Course, Presented by Gulf Coast Safety Institute. This small Unmanned Aircraft Systems course includes the operational and certification requirements to operate sUAS as a Remote Pilot in Command...(more)
- 11/14/17 - 11/15/17, OSHA 10 Hour Construction Training in English. Presented by Texas Department of Insurance. The Division of Workers’ Compensation (DWC) offers low-cost Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) 10-Hour Construction classes in both English and Spanish. The two-day course is presented by authorized instructors ... (more)
- OSHA 10 /30 Hour OSHA Outreach Training through fall 2017. Presented by Gulf Coast Safety Institute. The Gulf Coast Safety Institute (GCSI) offers courses for both general industry and construction workers. All courses listed are taught by OSHA authorized outreach instructors. Training is intended to provide ...(more)
University of Texas at Arlington Course
The University of Texas at Arlington's OSHA Education Center and the expanded Environmental Training Institute deliver a wealth of training to help you manage environmental, health, and safety risks in your organization. The following classes are being hosted by the Gulf Coast Safety Institute. All students must register with University of Texas at Arlington (UTA) prior to the start of class. Any student who has not registered with UTA will not be allowed to participate. When registering please inform UTA that you heard about the class from the Gulf Coast Safety Institute.
- OSHA Standards for Construction, 10/24 - 10/27/17
- Hazard Recognition and Standards for On-Shore and Gas Exploration and Production, 10/30/17 - 11/2/17
- Fundamentals of Clean Air Act, 11/6 - 11/8/17
- Air Monitoring Techniques, 11/9/17
- Permit Required Confined Space, 11/28 - 11/30/17
- Introduction to Environmental Compliance, 12/5 - 12/8/17
All classes are presented at the Gulf Coast Safety Institute at 320 Delany Road, La Marque, TX 77568. Student check-in will begin 30 minutes before class.
For registration, questions and information:
University of Texas at Arlington
Toll free: 1-866-906-9190
Monday - Thursday: 8 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.