TCEQ Certification Exams
The Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) strives to protect our state's public health and natural resources consistent with sustainable economic development. College of the Mainland offers TCEQ certification exams through Computer Based Testing.
The following is required for TCEQ Exams:
- Schedule an exam time: Book Online Now
- $29 service fee per exam.
- A valid/current picture ID is required for all exams
It is the candidate’s responsibility to ensure they have received an approval letter prior to requesting an appointment.
Check for avaible CBT exams at: https://www.tceq.texas.gov/licensing/exams/exams-by-license
Pre-approval of your licensing application is required. For pre-approval, applicants must:
- complete license requirements—
- submit an application with the $111 processing fee to TCEQ Occupational Licensing, MC-178, PO Box 13087, Austin, TX 78711-3087
Upon receiving an approval letter, the applicant will need to:
- make an appointment with a registered test center to take the exam (by phone or email)
- pay a nominal fee to the test center
Retesting by CBT after failing a written test is allowed, so long as your application is in an approved status.