Measuring Achievement and Providing Options
Results from tests are used:
- to determine eligibility for certain College programs,
- for some certifications,
- for course placement and
- to meet requirements mandated by the state legislature.
* All exams must be completed by the end of testing hours.
College of the Mainland Testing Services assists students by assessing academic achievement and providing various testing alternatives. It is our goal to provide an ideal testing environment and maintain the integrity of all exams provided.
Testing Center Policies
- A valid photo ID is required for all testing.
- All cell phones must be powered off and placed in a locker.
- Examinees will test only during designated Testing Center hours.
- Children and guests are not permitted in the testing room. COM is not responsible for their supervision.
- No food or beverages are allowed in the testing room.
- Only items designated by the instructor will be permitted in the room (pencils, calculator, etc.).
- No exiting during department exams. If you leave the room, you must turn in your exam.
- Students requiring special arrangements (i.e. time extensions, added materials, etc.) must have written permission from the instructor.
- Scores will be kept confidential and not released to anyone other than the examinee (unless a person has a written statement from the examinee to obtain their scores).
- Examinees taking tests on the computers are strictly prohibited from any other activity.
- No logging off or locking computers after completing tests.
- All scratch paper must be turned in to testing center staff for disposal.
- The center is equipped with camera surveillance.
- No waiting in others' testing areas.
- Any disturbances in the testing area will result in your being asked to leave.
- It is up to the student to come at a reasonable time to take a department's exam. If you do not complete by closing time, your test will be picked up and turned in as is. You may not return and finish the exam at a later time unless given permission by your instructor.