College of the Mainland Board Report: September 28, 2020
A regular meeting of the board of trustees of College of the Mainland was held on Monday, September 28 at 1:30 p.m. in the COM Conference Center.
All board members were present.
- The City of Texas City Economic Development Corporation presented a $1 million check for the Texas City Opening Doors Promise Scholarship.
- Air Products presented a $10,000 check for Process Technology student scholarships.
- William and Genevieve McGarvey presented a $40,000 check for the La Marque Opening Doors Promise Scholarship.
- The Consulate General of Mexico presented a $9,500 check for student scholarships.
- The Hitchcock Economic Development Corporation presented a $25,000 check for the Hitchcock Opening Doors Promise Scholarship.
- The ACU of Texas presented a $12,500 check for the Hitchcock Opening Doors Promise Scholarship.
Click here to view photos from the meeting.
Board Items of Interest
A public hearing was held on the proposed 2020-2021 property tax rate.
The tax rate of $0.241963 per $100 of valuation was approved for fiscal year 2020-2021.
The following leadership positions were approved:
- Connor Clark was approved for the position of Student Life Specialist, Student Life Department.
- Ana Lisa Garza was approved for the position of Director of Enrollment Management, Strategic Enrollment Management Department.
The initiation of a RN to BSN Degree at College of the Mainland was approved, and the proposed RN to BSN curriculum plan of study was approved.
All other agenda items were unanimously approved.
The board adjourned for a closed session.
Click here to view the September 2020 resignations and retirements report.
The full meeting minutes will be posted pending board approval after the October 26, 2020 board meeting.