College of the Mainland Board Report: August 24, 2020
A regular meeting of the board of trustees of College of the Mainland was held on Monday, August 24, 2020 at 1:30 p.m. in the COM Conference Center.
All board members were present.
- The City of Santa Fe presented a $30,000 check for the Santa Fe Promise Scholarship.
- The Kathleen Cailloux Foundation presented a $10,000 check for the Santa Fe Promise Scholarship.
- Austin Commercial and subcontractors presented a $35,500 check to financially assist students attending COM on the Promise Scholarship.
Board Items of Interest
- A public hearing was held on the proposed 2021 property tax rate.
- The 2020-2021 operation budget in the amount of $36,900,000 was approved.
The following leadership positions were approved:
- Erin Brucia was approved for the position of Academic Advisor, Student Success Center.
- Diane Burkett was approved for the position of Executive Director of Marketing & Public Affairs.
- Tomas Garcia was approved for the position of Director of Admissions/Records and Registrar.
- David Knopp was approved to the position of Director, Academic Planning and Innovation.
- Monica Massey was approved to the position of Cosmetology Faculty.
- Jordan Orzoff was approved to the position of AVP Planning, Effectiveness, Analytics/Assessment & Research.
All other agenda items were unanimously approved.
Click here to view the August 2020 resignations and retirements report.
The full meeting minutes will be posted pending board approval after the September 28 board meeting.