Free COVID-19 Testing
Free COVID Testing
College of the Mainland will serve as a free drive-through COVID-19 testing site. Testing is sponsored by the State of Texas and managed by the Texas Division of Emergency Management.
College of the Mainland
1200 N. Amburn Road
Texas City, Texas
Parking Lot B in front of Fine Arts Building (See Map Below)
Please pre-register at: http://honumg.info/mainland
Completing this will greatly speed up the testing process. If you are unable to complete this, we will complete it with you on site at our registration tent. Please provide your correct first name, last name, and date of birth as well as a valid email address. Your results will be sent to your email address, and you will need to validate your account by entering in your first and last name and date of birth.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is there a charge for testing?
- No. There is no charge for anyone.
- Do I need insurance?
- No. You will not be asked for proof of insurance.
- Do I need identification?
- Yes. You must be able to show some form of ID, with your address so that results can go to the correct person.
- What else do I need?
- A phone number and email address are helpful as they help results get to you.
- Who can be tested?
- Anyone. You do not need to have symptoms or exposure. Anyone who wants to be tested can be tested. Anyone under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Even kids?
- Yes, but this is nasopharyngeal testing. A long swab is inserted up through the nose. This is uncomfortable, but not painful. Children usually find it uncomfortable. You may have your children tested. They will not enjoy it. Anyone under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Do I need to register?
- Advance registration is an option but is not required. Pre-register at http://honumg.info/mainland
- How many people can get tested?
- We have the capacity to test approximately 250 people. If we get a large crowd, we can bring in more people to help.
- Will there be a wait?
- Possibly. Because there are no appointments, there may be a wait. Testing is very fast, so the line should move smoothly. You do not need to get out of your car to test, and everyone in the car can be tested.
- What else?
- You MUST wear a mask when you roll down your window to get tested. You will pull your mask down to uncover your nose while getting tested, and then replace mask.
- This is drive-through only.
Testing takes place in Parking Lot B in front of the Fine Arts Building. Enter at Parking Lot C, and follow the directional signage.