High School Graduates
Application Instructions for High School Graduates
- Complete the online application through Apply Texas.
After submitting your application through ApplyTexas, please allow three to five working days for processing. To check on your application status, please go to WebAdvisor at the COM website.
*Please note: If you do not supply your Social Security number, your application process will be delayed. The ApplyTexas application is not an application for financial aid. Please refer to the COM website for financial aid information.All new COM students under age 22 must submit evidence of being immunized against meningococcal meningitis. The vaccine must have been taken within the past five years and at least 10 days before the start of class.
- Present documentation for residency.
- Beginning spring 2017, high school/GED transcripts will not be required for admissions. Official transcripts must be submitted in an unopened, sealed envelope to:
College of the Mainland
1200 Amburn Rd.
Texas City, TX 77591
- For testing information visit www.com.edu/testing-center/tsi-assessment.
Students enrolled in Level-One certificate programs that are designed to be completed in one year or less and that consist of between 15 and 42 semester credit hours are TSI waived. Students are only waived from the TSI requirement while enrolled in their waived program and are restricted to the courses within the waived program.
- All first-time-in-college students must attend New Student Orientation. After being fully accepted, sign up for New Student Orientation at www.com.edu/student-services/orientation. For more information contact the Student Success Center at 409-933-8379.