Texas Commission on Law Enforcement Officers Standards and Education
The Texas Commission on Law Enforcement Officers Standards and Education (TCOLE) issues licenses to peace officers, dispatchers and county jailers and certificates to investigative hypnotists. In each case, an applicant must meet certain training and examination standards prior to licensing. The licensing examination follows required training or its equivalent, and each is an independent licensing requirement.
To be eligible to sit for an examination, an examinee must,
(1) Make an appointment to Request for Proctor Form. (Please allow two business days for a response.)
(2) Bring form to the examination site and upon request display photo identification issued by the state or federal government.
(3) Know your correct TCOLE PID and that you have been endorsed by TCOLE to take the exam.
(4) Upon arrival to the COM Enrollment Center, please sign in at Window #9 for testing.
(5) The Testing Center will give you an invoice to pay the $29 proctor fee.
Examinees will receive a computerized printout of results immediately after the exam. An analysis showing results for each topic is included.