Minority Male for Excellence (MM4E)
Minority Male for Excellence (MM4E) is a program designed to improve the recruitment and retention of Minorities at the College of the Mainland. Participants receive academic support and character and leadership development through programs and workshops. Men in the program also participate in community engagement opportunities and receive mentoring by faculty, staff and peers.
Develops leaders, promotes brotherhood and academic excellence, while providing service and advocacy for our communities
By actively participating in the MM4E Initiative, students will enhance their professional skills through public speaking, resume development, and personal branding.
As an MM4E participant, students will foster mentoring relationships with College of the Mainland faculty and staff that contributes to their personal, academic, and professional development as student leaders.
The MM4E program identifies and utilizes academic related resources and tools in order to support its member’s academic performance in the classroom.
The MM4E program provides opportunities for participants to connect with campus resources, students, faculty, staff, administrators, and College of the Mainland by providing a holistic approach that cultivates a sense of belonging.
By participating in service learning projects, MM4E members will recognize the importance of community service and civic responsibility through personal involvement and municipal engagement with COM and the Galveston county community.
- Individualized services and assistance, including guidance in creating a personalized success action plan
- One-on-one mentoring from one of our Student Leaders, an MM4E-COM brother that has demonstrated holistic success and grit
- Access to apply for the scholarships – COM Foundation TG Wooten, etc
- Be a part of an inclusive environment on campus that provides community and belonging to all
- A staff advocate for your MM4E-COM student experience
- Leadership opportunities to represent the college at engagements and increased opportunities to become a Student Leader around campus
- Alerts about exciting and new upcoming programs and services
- Be a part of our peer network that offers informal mentoring and opportunities for networking
MM4E-COM services include:
- Community Service Opportunities
- Grants and Scholarship
- Individualized Advising
- Personal Development Workshops
- Student Leader Mentoring