Employee of the Month
If you were to look up multi-tasking, chances are you would find Kerry Kloesel’s picture.
Kloesel serves as the administrative assistant for 15 full-time faculty members, 30 adjuncts and about 140 course sections per semester. Her dedication to her job and positive demeanor has earned her the Employee of the Month for October.
With so much on her plate, it’s no wonder that she continually looks for ways to help improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the department and does so with a smile, according to the nomination submitted on her behalf.
Not surprising, too, Kloesel, who has worked as an administrative assistant for the Social & Behavioral Sciences Department since December 2014, is known for having exceptional organizational skills and has developed processes in the department which are beneficial to both faculty and adjuncts.
“She is reliable, conscientious and precise when it comes to details which is extremely important in her position,” her nomination form said.
Although extremely conscientious about her job, Kloesel can be funny. She sets an example that while the department can be very productive, it also can be fun and enjoyable.
“She brings a ray of sunshine to our department and everyone who enters Suite A! She inspires everyone to find a little laughter and joy in their day to day lives. In my opinion, everyone needs a Kerry in their department,” her nominator said.
Things you may not know about Kerry Kloesel:
- Cats or dogs: I have both dogs and cats, and I will respectfully decline to comment on their numbers.
- What she does when not working: I enjoy spending time with family and friends and being on/near the water.
- What’s the best part of your job? I really enjoy working with such an amazing and diverse group of people, co-workers and students alike, with so many different ideas and perspectives. Every day I learn something new, and I absolutely love it!
- Last good movie you watched? I think the most recent movie I saw was Incredibles 2, and it was great!
- What’s on your bucket list to visit? I’d love to visit New England in the fall to see the trees change colors, take an Alaskan cruise and spend at least a month (preferably longer) exploring the Mediterranean. There are other places I’d like to go but these are at the top of the list.
- Hobbies? I like gardening, light carpentry, working puzzles, and sewing.