Our Mission and Goals
College of the Mainland is a learning-centered, comprehensive community college dedicated to student success and the intellectual and economic enrichment of the diverse communities we serve.
College of the Mainland will be a valued and vital community partner by enriching our community and preparing our students to thrive in a diverse, dynamic and global environment.
- Student Success and Academic Excellence
- Continuous Improvement and Accountability
- Mutual Respect and Civility
- Diversity and Inclusiveness
- Innovation and Adaptability
- Campus and Community Collaboration
COM Strategic Goals (2014-2017)
- College of the Mainland will develop processes and procedures to ensure that students have a successful start to their college experience.
- College of the Mainland will eliminate obstacles from the student’s pathway as they proceed on their academic journey.
- College of the Mainland will enhance student engagement, keeping the students interested in staying on course.
- College of the Mainland will provide high-quality instruction and instructional support services.
- College of the Mainland will provide services/processes that enhance the integrity/safety/quality of the institution (including physical facilities) and that enhance the quality of the faculty and staff.
- College of the Mainland will provide services/processes that connect the College to the community in a mutually growth-enhancing cycle.